Application for international students

Enrolment for the a.y. 2020-2021

In consideration of the Covid-19 emergency, the whole enrolment procedure for international students holding a foreign study qualification for the a.y. 2020-2021is managed online as specified in the instructions under “Step 3 - Welcome and enrolment at UniTO”. The enrolment procedure is still open only for the postgraduate degree programs belonging to the health care professions (“professioni sanitarie”).  


If you are a non-EU applicant residing abroad, be aware that you can attend classes online, but in order to come to Turin you must have received a visa for study
Moreover, we recommend you to read the fact sheet and to fill in the disclaimer. The disclaimer must be filled out and signed before your arrival in Italy or before completing the enrolment procedure at the University of Turin.

Enrolment for the a.y. 2021-2022

You are an international student if you hold a foreign qualification/degree - your citizenship is irrelevant.


Follow the step:

Teaching provisions and timetable

For the academic year 2020-2021 UniTO ensures international students flexible learning resources, addressing both the needs of social distancing in the academic environment and the current uncertainties of international travel. If the current safety conditions do not allow you to leave your home country you can start the semester at home and attend UniTO’s courses online from home. This way, departure will be postponed and the "physical/presence" will start when conditions will allow it. 


Information on the scheduling of each degree program is available on individual Departments, Schools and Degree Programs’ webpages. Make sure to check the teaching provisions and timetable for your degree program and for each individual course on the following websites:

For further information on teaching provisions and timetables, please contact the competent International Office for the degree program of your interest in each university centre (“Polo”):

If you are in Turin, here you can find a Vademecum with information on how to move safely in UniTO: read and respect them carefully to protect yourself and the people near you.

Find a Buddy

Thanks to the Buddy Project, you can be supported by an Italian student enrolled at UniTo who will guide you through the administrative procedures in the University offices, the main University facilities and buildings, UniTO website, housing.


Visit this sections regularly and the Buddy project webpage for updates.

Tuition fees for international students

Considering the impact of COVID-19 around the world and in order to support international students, the University of Turin has defined a new method to ask for the reduction of the tution fees for the a.y. 2020-2021 based on two options:

  • by requesting to the University to calculate the full-comprehensive contribution according to your Country’s GDP – Gross Domestic Product.
  • by requesting the "ISEE parificato"

For further information please refer to the Tuition fees webpage and contact our Tuition Fees Desk (“Sezione Diritto allo Studio”).

Transfer procedure from Italian Universities

If you hold a non-Italian qualification and you want to transfer to the University of Turin from an Italian University, please follow the instructions on Changes and transfers and apply online according to the specific deadlines for the degree program you are interested in.


For more information, please refer to the Students registry office ("Segreteria studenti") of the degree program you are interested in.