Scholarships for international students
The University of Turin funds 15 two-year scholarships to international students interested in enrolling at the first year of a postgraduate degree program, a.y. 2020-2021.
You can apply for the scholarship if you:
- hold a valid qualification obtained in a foreign education system providing access to a postgraduate degree program
- do not have Italian citizenship
- are not residing in Italy.
The 15 two-year scholarships will be assigned as follows:
a) 3 scholarships for international students with Mexican citizenship
b) 3 scholarships for international students with Japanese citizenship
c) 4 scholarships for international students with one of the following citizenships: Algeria, Cameroon, Gabon; Mali, Morocco, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal and Tunisia
d) 5 scholarships for international students with any other citizenship different from those listed above.
In the event the scholarships specified in the above sections a, b and c are not awarded, they will be assigned in addition to those reserved for international students mentioned in section d.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of the GRE General Test which must have been obtained not earlier than 5 years before this Call deadline and successfully passed in all three sections with the following minimum scores:
- Verbal Reasoning: 140/170
- Quantitative Reasoning: 140/170
- Analytical Writing: 3.5/6.
Each scholarship amounts to 9,000 euros per year, gross of all charges for the beneficiary’s account. The awarding of 9,000 euros for the second year is subject to the achievement of academic merit requirements. Academic merit requirements will be published through an advice on the present webpage.
In order to be admitted and enrol in the chosen programme, non-EU students residing abroad also have to follow the pre-enrolment and visa procedures according to the yearly recommendations given by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) in the Procedures for Entry, Residence and Enrolment at Higher Education Institutions for students requiring visas for higher education courses in Italy.
The call for scholarships closed on April 30th, 2020. Check the ranking list:
The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) awards scholarships to foreign citizens not residing in Italy and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) in order to foster international cultural, scientific and technological cooperation, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world.
Scholarships are offered to carry out study, training and research projects in Italian Higher Education Institutes.
Please regularly check this page for updates on the call for applications.
The Italian Ministry of Interior offers 100 scholarships to students with international protection status to enrol in undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs as well as PhD programs in Italian universities.
The call for scholarships for the a.y. 2020-2021 is now available on CRUI website.
The scholarships are reserved to students having the status of refugees or subsidiary protection belonging to the following categories:
- winners of the previous calls in the a.y. 2016-17, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 who are entitled to obtain the scholarship in the a.y. 2020-2021 if they obtain the minimum number of CFU indicated in art.4
- students with international protection by 25 July 2020 obtained in Italy, enrolled for the first time in the Italian University system, in a undergraduate degree program (corso di laurea triennale), postgraduate degree program (corso di laurea magistrale o magistrale a ciclo unico) or a PhD program (corso di dottorato) for the a.y. 2020-2021.
Apply online via the dedicated webpage within July 30th 2020 at midnight (Rome local time).
The University of Turin welcomes international undergraduate and postgraduate students, PhD students, researchers, teachers and academics in mobility within the framework of any national or international scholarship programs.
Currently available opportunities:
- Mobility Confap Italy – MCI (Brazilian students/researchers)
- China Scholarship Council –CSC (Chinese students/researchers)