Enrolment for international students

Academic year 2024-2025

Information on the enrolment procedure for the a.y. 2024-2025 will be published in the upcoming months.

Academic year 2023-2024

Make sure you have first completed all the previous procedures as laid out at Application for non-EU citizens residing abroad and at Application for EU, equivalents, non-EU citizens legally residing in Italy.


Before proceeding with the enrollment procedure, please check that you have all the required documentation.

    In order to enroll, you need to create a MyUniTo account as a prospective student. You can follow the instructions.  Once logged in, update your personal data.


    Additional information on enrolment is available on the following web pages:

    • postgraduate degree programs without a restricted a number of places (enrolment procedure open from 1st September 2023 to 19th January 2024 at 3:00 p.m. - Italian time). All international students must fill in the form choosing their degree program, before proceeding with enrollment procedure.
      Candidates of postgraduate degree programs belonging to the Human Sciences Hub (Departments of Philosophy and Education Science; Humanities; Historical Studies; Foreign Languages, Literatures and Modern Cultures) have to fill in the form and then fill in the "domanda di ammissione preliminare magistrali SUM" (guidelines) specific for the degree program chosen. The procedure is explained on the website of the degree program, under Iscriversi - domanda e requisiti di ammissione.
    • undergraduate and 5-6 year postgraduate degree courses without restricted number of places - with free admission (enrolment procedure open from 1st September to 5th October 2023 at 3:00 p.m. - Italian time).
    • courses with a restricted number of places (enrolment procedures and deadlines for programs with restricted number of places are mandated by the single admission notices. Read the admission notice specific for the degree program you want to enroll in, checking the enrolment deadlines and the potential repêchage).
      During the enrollment procedure, non-eu students requiring a visa who are not yet in possession of their visa and residence permit, can enter the date of issue and expiry of their passport.

    If the program you chose requires a TOLC test for admission, when registering make sure that your fiscal code (codice fiscale) is displayed on your TOLC results sheet, verify its correctness and that it is the same as on your MyUniTo account. You can check the fiscal code on your account by logging in your MyUniTo, click on Iscrizioni (Enrollments) in the upper left menu and then on the item Dati anagrafici (Personal data).

    • If your fiscal code is not shown on your TOLC results sheet and you don’t have your official fiscal code yet, you must contact CISIA help desk and provide your passport data and the fiscal code as shown on your MyUniTo.
    • If the fiscal code shown on your TOLC result sheet is wrong, you must contact CISIA help desk and provide your passport data and the correct fiscal code.
    • If the fiscal code shown on your MyUniTo is not correct, you must contact [email protected].

    You can enroll by following the guidelines "Enrolment procedure for international students 2023-2024":

    Non-EU citizens residing abroad must be in possession of a study visa and receipt of the residence permit application in order to enrol.

    To finalize your enrolment, you have to wait for the International Office to unlock the payment of the enrolment fee. Afterwards you will receive an email with all the information on how to submit your payment.

    Residence permit (only for non-EU students residing abroad)

    Non-EU students residing abroad must apply for a residence permit within 8 working days after entering Italy. For more information and assistance, please see the webpage Residence permit.

    Fiscal code

    It can be issued by the competent Italian diplomatic-consular authority or once in Italy, it can be issued by one of the local offices of the Agenzia delle Entrate. Once in Italy, you can apply for the tax code by contacting [email protected].