Support in taking exams for disabled students
In accordance with the Italian Laws 104/92 and 17/99, it is possible to adapt assessment and study methods, without modifying learning objectives.
Personalized support may consist in:
- using specific technical tools, depending on the type of disability
- the possibility to take equivalent tests
- the possibility to get extra time, which means extra 30% (or even more, depending on the seriousness of the situation).
In order to take exams with the support of compensatory tools and dispensatory measures, you must:
- inform professors of your personal condition (by e-mail or in person), at the beginning of each semester, specifying that Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA has already received your application
- approximately 30 days before the exam, send an e-mail (using the University e-mail address) to the professor of the course, attaching the form for personalized support already filled in.
You must also send a carbon copy (Cc.) of this e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Considering the subject of study and the certified difficulties, the professor will agree upon a suitable exam modality directly with the student.
We remind you that it is not necessary to send any certification or diagnosis to professors, since it has already been sent to Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA.
Before submitting any requests to professors, students must notify their own disability to Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA.