Procedure for the extraction of active ingredients from Cannabis
The currently known methods describe the preparation of oily extracts characterized by a lower titre in active molecules as well as by the presence of cannabinoids in acidic form which are difficult to be absorbed through intestine.
A standard process has been developed that allows to obtain oily extracts containing high and reproducible quantities of cannabinoids in the decarboxylated form (in particular THC and CBD) , which is pharmacologically active. Therefore, specific oral dosage forms were prepared, obtained from the described oily extracts, in order to guarantee optimal organoleptic characteristics. The above preparations did not modify the stability of the extract.
- Administration of oral preparations containing Cannabis oil to patients suffering from diseases for which the medical use of Cannabis is permitted
- The capsules are easily administrable, transportable, with pleasant organoleptic characteristics and stable at room temperature
- Possibility of obtaining oily extracts containing high and reproducible quantities of cannabinoids in decarboxylated form
- Easy handling of the oral pharmaceutical form (capsules)
- Possibility to mask the organoleptic characteristics of the oily extracts
Filing date: 14/12/2018
Application number: 102018000011128
Università degli Studi di Torino