Method to quantify pesticides in biological matrices
With reference to a project on the biological effects of glyphosate and AMPA (its primary byproduct), we developed a novel procedure to extract and quantify the two molecules in experimental samples, including biological fluids and cell lysate. At today, glyphosate and AMPA extraction/quantification techniques are autonomously developed by research labs working in the field, due to the lack of a standard procedure easy to apply. Consistently, in the private sector, it is possible to obtain quantification through non-communicable methodology, because of copyright leading to high cost and limiting the analysis to a minimum number of samples. Our product, with a high commercial potential, allows small labs equipped with an HPLC system, to expand the analysis potential, increasing the processing capacity, decreasing expenses, without the need to acquire specific materials and reagents.
- Artisanal foods
- Food Industry Quality Control,
- Testing Labs,
- Food transforming planindustry with or w/o quality control lab
- Basic research in chemestry, biochemestry and molecular biology in PPPs
- Cost reduction: our procedure is based on a very common technology with low processing costs
- Easy application and user friendly: our method does not require a specific training and/or special resources assignment.
Filing date: 27/05/2021
Application number: 102021000013796
- Università degli Studi di Torino