On the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website you can check:
- whether you need a visa or not
- types of VISA and where to apply
- detailed information on the visa issue procedure
Make sure to gather information from the local embassy or a consulate nearest to you in your home country.
From the year 2020 onwards and in consideration of the Covid-19 emergency, all pre-enrolment and visa applications must be submitted online via the Universitaly portal where you have to:
- register and fill in your personal data
- submit your pre-enrolment application for the degree program, the exchange program (Erasmus+ or other) or the PhD program of your interest.
Once your pre-enrolment application has been submitted via Universitaly portal, it is then validated by the competent office at UniTo and it becomes visible to the designated Italian Embassy/Consulate that will contact you to proceed with your visa application.
The decision on issuing a visa is the exclusive jurisdiction of the designated Italian Embassy/Consulate.
For further information on the Visa procedure to:
- enrol in a degree program at UniTo as an international applicant holding a foreign study qualification, please refer to the page Application for international students and write to [email protected]
- take part in mobility programs (Erasmus+, international exchanges, etc) please write to [email protected]
- enrol in a PhD program please write to [email protected]