Online text to speech service
The online text to speech service is an easy solution for users to listen to text contents in audio format. It provides assistance for people with trouble reading text online.
As a user you don't need to download anything, you just have to click the Listen button to listen to the webpage's content.
Click the listen button: an audio player will appear and the text to speech service will start reading the text out loud.
If you need a specific part of the page to be read, select the text you want to listen to and press the pop-up button that appears next to the mouse pointer. When you click the pop-up Listen button, an audio player appears and the software starts reading the text you have selected.
In the player you can:
- pause/restart the reading
- stop the reading
- use the progress bar to navigate in the audio
- adjust the volume
- click the settings icon to adjust the behavior of the service
- click the download icon to download the audio file
- close the player
You can use tab/shift+tab to navigate inside the player and press enter to activate a certain button or link.
In the settings menu, you can choose:
- whether you want to have the text highlighted while read
- whether you want the text highlighted on a word and sentence basis, sentence only, or word only
- style and colors for the highlighting
- whether you want the reading speed (slow, medium or fast)
- whether you want the page to scroll automatically to follow the highlighted text
- whether you want the pop-up Listen button to be shown when text is selected
- natural male or female lifelike voices
- whether you want to translate the selected text to a number of languages and have the text read in the target language
- wheter you want to select a word and find its definition in the dictionary.