MSCA at UniTo
MSCA@UniTo offers an extraordinary opportunity to postdoctoral researchers eager to apply for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Postdoctoral Fellowship (MSCA-PF) choosing the University of Turin as host institution.
Upcoming call: Horizon-MSCA-2022-PF
Open call: 12th May 2022 - deadline: 14th September 2022
30 top candidates will be selected to join an exceptional programme designed to:
- inform on the MSCA-PF funding scheme and its opportunities
- train on how to write a successful proposal and address key research issues
- support the whole proposal writing process, until the submission, by involving specifically trained research managers and administrative professionals.
Application deadline for the 2022 edition are now closed.
As soon as the selection process will be completed an online training programme specifically built to enhance the skills of the selected researchers will start.
The training, held by top experts from all over Europe, will be delivered in English.
- Information session: Welcome, Programme & Call Presentation, Q&A
6th June (10:30a.m. -12:00 p.m.)
- Workshop 1: How to write a successful MSCA-PF proposal & Practical training on proposal writing
Delivered by Juliane Sauer - Oxygeneum, in two parts:
Part 1: 9th June (14:00 p.m. – 18:00 p.m.); Part 2: 10th June (9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
- Workshop 2: Open Science
Delivered by Elena Giglia, University of Torino
28th June (Key concepts & tips 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
Due to the Covid-19 restrictions the training will be held online. Please make sure to have a proper internet connection.
MSCA at UniTo is delivered for free to the selected researchers. No registration fee is foreseen but participation in the training is mandatory to have access to the support measures that will start in June 2022, after the first workshop. Please take note of the training dates and make sure you will be able to attend in case of a positive result in the selection process.
The support measures, provided by Unito professionals experts in the MSCA-PF funding scheme, will accompany the candidates to the proposal submission in September 2022.
The candidates must meet the following requirements:
- a PhD at the upcoming call HORIZON-MSCA-2022-PF-01-01 closing date (14 September 2022)
- up to max 8 years of research experience after PhD
- comply with the MSCA mobility rule
No nationality or age restrictions are foreseen.
All research areas can be funded.
Candidates interested in participating in the MSCA at UniTo programme must complete the application form.
Candidates must include in the application:
- curriculum vitae (max 3 pages) - download template (.doc or .odt)
- short proposal - download template (.doc or .odt)
- letter of acceptance signed by a supervisor at UniTo. The letter must include the confirmation that the Head of Department has been informed of the application.
For more information write at [email protected].
Selection procedure and results
30 participating researchers from all over the world will be selected by an internal evaluation commission on the basis of the curriculum vitae and the one page proposal. 15 candidates out of 30 will be chosen among those researchers who have/have had a temporary research assignment in UniTo (collaboration ended no more than 12 months before the call deadline).
The selection results will be notified to all candidates by email within 1st June 2022.
The purpose of the MSCA-Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme is to support the career paths of excellent researchers through mobility while attracting talented researchers to the EU. MSCA-PF enhance the creative and innovative potential of researchers holding a PhD and wish to acquire new skills through advanced training, international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral mobility.
European Postdoctoral Fellowships
- 12-24 months research stay at a host institution in an EU member state or a Country associated to Horizon Europe
- the fellow must fulfill the mobility rule in the host institution Country and can be of any nationality.
Global Postdoctoral Fellowships
- 12-24 months research stay at a host institution in a "third country" (neither EU member state nor a Horizon Europe associated country) where the fellow fulfills the mobility rule
- this outgoing phase must be followed by a compulsory 12 month reintegration phase at the University of Torino as hosting institution (the mobility rule doesn’t have to be fulfilled in the reintegration country).
Both types of fellowships can also include a secondment period of up to 3 or 6 months in another organization in Europe, where this can boost the impact of the fellowship.
The grant provides allowances to cover your living, travel and family costs. The research costs and management costs of the host organization(s) are also supported.
Proposal involving the same recruiting organisation (and for Global Postdoctoral Fellowship also the associated partner hosting the ougoing phase) and individual researcher submitted to the previous call of MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships under Horizon Europe and having received a score of less than 70% must not be resubmitted a MSCA-2022-PF-01.
At the call deadline, researchers must have a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent experience in research, measured from the date of the doctoral degree. Years of experience outside research and career breaks will not count towards the amount of research experience.
Recruited researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy (for European Postdoctoral Fellowships) or the host organization for the outgoing phase (for Global Postdoctoral Fellowships) for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline.
Find more information on the European Commission Funding & tender opportunities portal.