MSCA individual fellowships
MSCA Individual Fellowships intend to enhance the creative and innovative potential of experienced researchers, wishing to diversify their individual competence in terms of skill acquisition through advanced training, international and intersectoral mobility. Individual Fellowships provide opportunities to acquire and transfer new knowledge and to work on research and innovation in a European context (EU Member States and Associated Countries) or outside Europe. The scheme particularly supports the return and reintegration of researchers from outside Europe who have previously worked here. It also develops or helps to restart the careers of individual researchers that show great potential, considering their experience.
Experienced researchers from anywhere in the world can apply.
Requirements: doctoral degree or at least four years' full-time research experience by the time of the call deadline. Mobility across borders is a must.
All research areas can be funded.
Check types of MSCA actions and verify your eligibility on MSCA website.
- held in a EU Member State or an Associated Country
- last from one to two years
- open to researchers either coming to Europe or moving within Europe
- can help to restart research careers after a break such as parental leave
- can also help reintegrate researchers coming back to Europe.
- fund research periods (one to two years) outside Europe for researchers based in a EU Member State or an Associated Country
- there is a mandatory one-year return period to Europe.
Both types can also include a secondment period of up to 3 or 6 months in another organisation in Europe, where this can boost the impact of the fellowship.
The grant provides allowances to cover your living, travel and family costs. The research costs and management costs of the host organisation(s) are also supported.
If you wish to apply for a Marie Sklodowska Curie Action Individual Fellowship, please contact UniTO European Research Office at firstname.lastname@example.org which will offer you assistance on preparation of your proposal: helping with the call technicalities (i.e. ECAS account registration), proofreading and copyediting, providing tips and hints about the technical parts (i.e. Implementation section) of the proposal.