IAI-University of Turin Essay Prize 2021 Award Ceremony
The IAI-University of Turin Essay Prize is a new initiative launched by IAI’s Italian Foreign Policy Programme – in the context of the Institute’s Strategic Partnership with the Compagnia di San Paolo Foundation – and the Department of Historical Studies of the University of Turin.
The initiative, organised with the collaboration of the Scuola di Studi Superiori "Ferdinando Rossi" and the Luigi Einaudi Foundation, aims to foster debate and discussion on Italian foreign policy, calling on students enrolled at the University of Turin to submit short essays on historical, social, cultural, technological and economic-related aspects connected to current and past trends in Italian foreign policy.
Five winning essays have been selected by an examination board composed of representatives of the partner institutions and selected candidates are invited to present their work during this online award ceremony. Winning essays will be published in the IAI Commentaries series.
- 1st prize: Grazia Chiara Valenzano (Department of Cultures, Politics and Society), "Mediterranean Equilibria: Italo-Turkish Competition over Libya"
- 2nd prize: Amal Sadki (Department of Law), "Of Blood and Bullets: Is Italy Exporting War?"
- 3rd prize: Tiziano Girardi (Department of Historical Studies), "Broadening the Frame: Italian Tokenism on Israel/Palestine"
- 4th prize: Alessandro Berti (Department of Historical Studies), "Un-Mediterranean: A Peninsula Without a Maritime Vocation?"
- 5th prize: Xixi Houng (Department of Humanities), "Italy Changes Track: From the Belt and Road Initiative to a Post-Pandemic (Re)Alignment with Washington"