Spin off companies
Spin off companies are stock corporations or limited liability companies with the scope of commercial exploitation of research results obtained at the university and to which the university granted the status of spin off.Professors or members of the scientific staff that are employees of the University and that own the intellectual property rights establish a spin off with the aim of exploiting the technologies that have been developed in the academic research and to transfer them to the market. An application has to be submitted to a technical committee, the Spin off Committee of the University of Turin, which evaluates - amongst others - the business plan and the commercial potential.
The members of the Spin off Committee for 2022-2027 are:
- Prof. Alessandro Vercelli (deputy of the Rector, president of the Committee - Department of Neurosciences)
- Prof. Maurizio Cavanna (Department of Law)
- Prof. Cesare Comina (Department of Earth Sciences)
- Prof. Valentina Dell'Oste (Department of Sciences of Public Health and Pediatrics)
- Prof. Davide Vannoni (Department of Economic, Social, Mathematical and Statistical Sciences).
After the approval by the Spin off Committee, the application is submitted to the Academic Senate. Finally, the status of Spin off is officially granted by the Administrative Board of the University.
The Spin off companies of the University of Turin, are encompassing a wide range of sectors, as shown in the following list.
- CAGE CHEMICALS SRL
- CYANINE TECHNOLOGIES SPA
- DE.TEC.TOR. SRL
- I-SEE SRL