Courses without restricted number of places
Enrolment on all undergraduate degrees and 5-year postgraduate degree programmes without a restricted number of places is subject to a compulsory TARM (Minimum Requirements Assessment Test).
Students with a foreign high school diploma can enrol on a degree course without restricted number of places, following the instructions available on the related webpage:
The TARM is a single test, which is valid for all first cycle degrees and one-long cycle degree programmes held in Italian, not planning a restricted number of students.
For more information, consult the related webpage.
If you already took the TARM test in May 2018 at school during the fourth year, and if you passed it, you can enrol on the degree courses without restricted number of places in the academic year 2019-2020, following these instructions:
- By the end of August 2019, register at the university portal www.unito.it and follow the instructions to confirm your registration
- Once you got your credentials, log in your MyUnito personal account and update your personal data (MyUniTO > Iscrizioni > Dati Anagrafici)
- Afterwards, starting from September 2019, call the free toll number 800 098590, informing us that you are a student and you already took the TARM test at school during the fourth year in May 2018, and that you want to enrol: you will asked to provide name, last name and tax identification number, an e-mail address and a phone number
- This procedure will allow us to confirm your enrolment as student who already took the TARM test
- About 48 work hours later, you will be able to access, after having logged in, to your MyUniTO and enrol on the degree course in which you are interested.
- students who change the degree course at UniTO from first to second year are exempted from the TARM, but must attend the additional compulsory courses (OFA, Passport), in case they are charged with them.
- students who change the degree course at UniTO, after the first year
- students who come from other universities (in the case of transfer to UniTO)
- students who are already graduated and enrol on a course with shortened study plan
- students who take an admission test to a degree course with a restricted number of place are exempted from taking the TARM, but must attend the additional compulsory courses (OFA, Passport), if they did not achieve the minimum score that the test requires
In the academic year 2019-2020 the TARM test is valid as admission test, also for the local courses with local classification list in Chemistry and Chemical Technologies and in Science and Technology of Materials.
For more details, consult the webpage Course with a local resctricted number of places and with local classification list.
In order to enrol on the 5-year postgraduate degree courses in Italian and on the courses in English for students with an Italian diploma, read the following instructions.
If you have previously registered at UniTO and you have already the access credentials, you do not need to do another registration: in case you forgot your credentials please contact thetoll free number 800 098590 (Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 8:00 pm and Sat 8:00 am -1:00 pm) or get them through the service Password retrieval.
How to register:
- log in and authenticate with the credentials (username and password), obtained while registering with the portal to access your MyUniTO area
- select the item "Iscrizioni" in the top left menu, then the item "Test di Valutazione" and then TARM Test for the Assessment of Minimum Requirements, session July/September 2019”;register for the test, choose the date of the test, print the reminder and write your CPI down (pre-matriculation code)
You can choose the date no later than 3 days preceding the test, and only until there are available places. Therefore, choose your date as soon as possible. Once you select the date and confirm the enrolment, your application cannot be modified; if you do not take the TARM test on the selected date, your matriculation will be cancelled.
Students with disability may apply, while registering for the test, for specific aids during the TARM test and/or additional time (50% more). For this reason, you must upload, in pdf format, medical documentation attesting the invalidity/disability (unabridged text, not obliterated text).
Students with SLD (specific learning disability) may apply, while registering for the admission test, for additional time equal to 30% to sit the exam. For this reason, you must upload, in pdf format, documentation attesting the diagnosis specific learning disability.
- Take the TARM test on the date that you selected when you registered for the evaluation test. In order to take the test, you will be asked to provide the confirmation of your registration, your ID (still valid) and your tax identification number
- Taking the TARM test is compulsory for matriculating. You can matriculate in any case, regardless of your score; in case you do not pass it, you will be charged with the OFA (additional compulsory courses), which correspond to the course PassportU; until you do not finish the OFA, you will not be able to complete your study plan
- Starting from the third working day after the TARM test, you will be able to matriculate. For example, If you took the TARM test on Friday, you can matriculate starting from the next Wednesday.
- Test superato (passed) - at least 30 correct answers out of 55 -: you can go on with the enrolment, starting from the third working day, after the TARM date. After matriculation, it will be possible to fill in the career plan, starting in October, in order to be able to take the exams in the first available session.
- Test non superato (not passed) - less than 30 correct answers out of 55: you can go on with the enrolment starting from the third working day, after the TARM date, but you will be charged with Additional Compulsory Courses (OFA).
The Additional Compulsory Courses (OFAs) are considered performed, after having followed the single path for the strengthening of the individual soft skills (Passport.U), to be completed in order to go on with the completion of the career plan, starting from October. In case of failure, the completion of the career plan will be blocked and you will not be able to take exams.
If your score is between 30 and 40, we suggest following the online path Passport.U.
Regardless of the TARM results, by October 10th, 2019 go on with the enrolment:
Log in the University Portal (by selecting login on the home-page, in the upper right box) and authenticate with your credentials (username and password), obtained after the registration at the portal. After authenticating, select the item “Iscrizioni” (Enrolment) in the upper left menu and afterwards the item “Immatricolazione” (Matriculation) to go on with filling in the on-line application.
During this phase, you must upload the following documents:
- photo that will be printed on the smart card
- photocopy of a valid identification document;
- photocopy of tax identification number (codice fiscale).
Print your application and the form for the payment of tuition fees.
If you pay with a MAV, you must pay by the deadline, not after 4 p.m.: after 4 p.m., the payment with MAV will be registered on the following day, therefore after the deadline. In order to pay, you need to access MyUniTO – Sezione Tasse - with your own credentials, and choose the payment method that you prefer.
Log in MyUniTO and select the item "Allegati carriera” from the menu "Iscrizioni"
Attach the following documents:
- Application form duly completed and signed
- Payment receipt of the first instalment of tuition fees
If you do not have the Smart Card issued by the University of Turin yet, you will receive the collecting details by email at the student's email address assigned to you at the time of matriculation. If you already hold a smart card, update it consulting the instructions provided on the relative webpage (Italian version).
The admission test for degree courses with a restricted number of places is valid as a TARM test, and allows to enrol on the courses without restricted number of places, regardless of the test results. Wait for the publication of the classification list related to the admission test that you took.
If you passed, you will be able to enrol on the degree course. Otherwise, you will be able to enrol on one of the available degree courses without restricted number of places.
In this case you must:
- wait for the publication of the classification list related to the admission test that you took
- register for the Test for the Assessment of Minimum Requirements (TARM)
If you achieve less than the required score, you will be charged with additional compulsory courses (OFA). For further information, consult the website Passport.U.
The degree courses in Chemistry and Chemical Technologies and in Science and Technology of Materials (with local restricted number of places and with local classification list) require the TARM test as admission tests in the July / September 2019 session. In order to enrol on these courses, you must select the date of the TARM test by September 12th, 2019. For more details, consult the related webpage: