TARM - Italian language course for students holding a foreign title
For bachelor’s degree programmes without restricted number of places registration for the TARM test (Test for the Assessment of Minimum Requirements) is mandatory. Check the list of degree programs by selecting the degree programme you are interested in and by choosing “First cycle” or “One long cycle degree” and find out if it is a degree programme without restricted number of places.
News 2018-2019: the TARM test will coincide with the Italian language test for enrolment in first cycle and one long cycle degrees held in Italian.
To register for the TARM test, the two following procedures are needed:
- Register for TARM: the procedure is open until November 5th 2018 at 9 am:
- follow the instructions and register on www.unito.it
- log-in with the assigned credentials (user/password) and access your personal area on MyUniTO
- select the item “Enrolments” from the top left menu and then select “Evaluation test” and then Test di Italiano - Italian Language test"
- fill in the application
- Fill in the Google form and choose the suitable date/time for taking the test.
If you need special aid and/or additional time during the test, you can contact the Students with Disabilities and DSA Office by sending an email to one of the following addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find further information on the dedicated page:
Various sessions of the TARM-Italian language test will take place, thus allowing every student to participate to each session according to his/her time of arrival in Turin and enrolment on the degree programme.
Below the calendar of the different editions of the test, taking place twice a day (respectively at 10:00 and 14:00) at CLE (Campus Luigi Einaudi, Lungo Dora Siena, 100 A, 10153 Torino TO), classroom LL2 “aula LL2”.
You must subscribe to only one date:
- 31st August, 2018
- 3rd September, 2018
- 11th September, 2018
- 18th September, 2018
- 25th September, 2018
- 27th September, 2018
- 3rd October, 2018
- 16th October, 2018
- 6th November, 2018 (only one session at 10:00 am)
Students who do not obtain the minimum score required to pass the TARM-Italian language test, will have to attend:
- a free and compulsory online training course (passport);
- an Italian language course (free and compulsory), which allows applicants to improve their language skills and take the test again in the remaining dates.
For second cycle degree programmes, the applicant’s knowledge of the Italian language has been evaluated during the interviews, therefore they are not required to take the TARM-Italian language test.
Italian language course
If you did not take the minimum score required for the TARM-Italian language test of 30/55, you have to attend a 30 hours online course and an Italian taught class of 20 hours.
Italian taught classes will start on Saturday 10th November 2018; you will be directly contacted from the professor in order to know exact dates and place.
The following categories of students shall not take the test:
- students who pass the minimum mark required by the Italian language test which will take place before the course
- Chinese students participating to the Marco Polo Project who gained the B1 proficiency certificate at the Language Centre of the University of Turin
- students enrolling on an English-taught degree programme.