Step 2 - Apply for a visa for study purposes
If you do not need a visa to come to Italy and enrol at UniTo, please skip this step and proceed to step 3.
If you are a non-EU citizen residing abroad who submitted her/his application online through the Apply@UniTo portal, you have to proceed submitting your pre-enrollment visa application (type D for University enrolment) for the a.y. 2021-2022 via Universitaly portal within July 31st, 2021.
If you reside in a country which is different from that of your citizenship, please verify with the embassy of your country of residence the possibility to request your study visa and submit your pre-enrollment request according to the information they provide you with.
Please make sure to select the correct academic year for your request.
We will not accept pre-enrollment requests:
- submitted after the deadline July 31st 2021
- mistakenly submitted for a previous academic year
- from candidates who did not present their application on the Apply@UniTo platform within the given deadlines
- from candidates whose application on Apply@UniTo has already been rejected.
You should submit your pre-enrollment request for the same degree program you have selected on Apply@UniTo, or for your first preference, in case you have applied for two different degree programs. While filling in your request you should attach:
- the same documentation you uploaded on your Apply@UniTo application, including an English or Italian language proficiency certificate if specifically requested by the degree program of your choice
- results of your minimum requirements assessment test (TARM) provided through CISIA TOLC test, only if you are applying for an undergraduate degree program without a fixed quota of places (i.e. without entrance test), within July 16th, 2021. To know whether you are requested to sit the tolc test, please proceed to step 3.
If you have difficulties registering on the website, please refer to our guidelines.
Once you submit your pre-enrollment request, the International Students Desk will check the information and documentation attached. If your application is validated, you will be able to download your acceptance letter (by printing the summary of the “university pre-enrollment request”), then you will have to sign it and present the letter to the embassy or consulate along with the documents required in order to apply for a study visa for enrolment purpose. The acceptance letter will report the list of documents required for the final enrollment in UniTo.
For more information on the visa request procedure for the academic year 2021-22, consult the website of the Italian Ministry of University and Research.
If you are a non-EU candidate residing abroad or a Chinese student of the “Marco Polo” program holding a qualification issued by a non-Italian High School or University, and you wish to register for the admission test (IMAT) for the postgraduate 6-year degree program in Medicine and Surgery, you need to:
- register to the University portal (if you still haven’t done so), by following the instructions
- register to the UniTo competition, from August 2nd 2021, 9:30 a.m. (Italian time) to August 25th 2021, 3:00 p.m. (Italian time) at MyUniTo > "Admission test" by selecting “One long-cycle degree programme in Medicine and Surgery - reserved to non UE candidates residing abroad and Chinese students from Marco Polo” program.
Non UE candidates residing abroad requiring a study visa will need to have submitted their pre-enrolment for the University of Turin on Universitaly within July 31st 2021, regardless of where they will sit the admission test.