Italian language course for students holding a foreign title
Starting from a.y. 2016-2017, the University of Torino wants to help all its international students (that is: non-EU citizens residing abroad who applied for a visa, non-EU citizens legally residing in Italy, EU citizens, Italian citizens holding a foreign title) in improving their knowledge of Italian language.
Various sessions of the course and the language test will take place, thus allowing every student to participate to each session according to his/her time of arrival in Turin and enrolment on the degree programme.
Each student will be allowed to attend only one face-to-face course. In the event of failure to pass the Italian test, s/he will be granted the right to attend an additional online course.
The test consists of exercises of listening comprehension, reading comprehension and lexico-grammatical skills. The test shall last 90 minutes and will be carried out on computer.
It will not be possible to sit any degree programme -related exams until the passing of the Italian test.
Below, please find the scheduling of both tests and courses set to date. Be informed that such scheduling may change, therefore, students are advised to often check this webpage for updated news.
- September 1st 2017 (Italian test set by MIUR, the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research): such test is reserved for non-EU visa applicants who do not meet the exemptions as set by the Procedures for the access of foreign students applying for a study-visa.The Italian language test will be held at 9:00 at Campus Luigi Einaudi (address: Lungo Dora Siena 100, Torino) classrooms LL1 e LL2 of block C3 (ground floor). Participants will be allowed into the test classrooms upon showing their passport and or equivalent identity document.
Students holding a B2 Italian proficiency level certificate and students enrolling on an English-taught degree programme are exempted from the test.
- September 15th 2017
- October 10th 2017
- November 30th 2017
- January 17th 2018
- April 12th 2018
Italian language course
- Intensive course (40 face-to-face hours + 20 online hours of education) from September 20th to October 3rd 2017
- Semi-intensive course (40 face-to-face hours + 20 online hours of education) from October 16th to November 29th 2017
- On-line course (40 hours of education).
All the students have to register for the first available session of the Italian test, through the online procedure available on this webpage during the registration phase of each test (see deadlines above).
The following categories of students shall not attend the course:
- students who pass the minimum mark required by the Italian language test which will take place before the course
- Chinese students participating to the Marco Polo Project who gained the B1 proficiency certificate at the Language Centre of the University of Turin
- students enrolling on an English-taught degree programme.