Support in taking exams for students with SLD
In case of students with SLD, it is possible to adapt assessment and study methods, in accordance with the Italian Law 170/2010 and the Regulations attached to D.M. 5669/2011, without modifying learning objectives.
As regards university career, support includes:
- dispensatory measures
- oral exams instead of written exams, taking into account the specific ability profile;
- extra time up to 30% in written exams, or the possibility to adapt the quantity (not the quality), when it is not possible to give extra time;
- a kind of assessment that takes into consideration contents, more than form and orthography.
- compensatory tools
- access to computers with a spell checker and speech synthesis
- recording of the classes
- use of digitalized texts
- other hi-tech assistive tools that support students in studying and taking exams (i.e. calculator)
MIUR (Ministry of Education, University and Research) does not consider the possibility to use maps, outlines or formularies during exams; these can be allowed only by professors or arranged with the student.
In order to take exams with the support of compensatory tools and dispensatory measures, you must:
- inform professors of your personal condition (by e-mail or in person), at the beginning of each semester, specifying that Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA has already taken your application on its responsibility
- approximately 15 days before the exam, send an e-mail (using the University e-mail address) to the professor of the course, attaching the form for personalized support already filled in.
You must also send a carbon copy (Cc.) of this e-mail to: [email protected]
Considering the subject of study and the certified difficulties, the professor will agree upon a suitable exam modality directly with the student.
We remind you that it is not necessary to send any certification or diagnosis to professors, since it has already been sent to Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA.
Before submitting any requests to professors, students must notify their own disability to Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA, so that the application is on responsibility of Ufficio (only submitting the SLD certificate, in order to take the admission test, does not mean that the application is on responsibility of Ufficio).