Didactic tutorship for students with SLD
Didactic tutorship is a service provided by students who have been awarded a study grant; its aim is to facilitate the integration of students with SLD in the academic context.
Within the limits of the disability and its consequent difficulties, this service offers support for the following activities:
- assistance in taking notes during classes, depending on the type of difficulty previously certified
- notes regarding didactic materials, if available at Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA
- study support before exams, adapted to the certified difficulties, for an amount of hours previously agreed
- reading of texts or other didactic materials aloud, in case it is not possible to use electronic readers (softwares, audio books, etc.) independently.
- Support for completing all the administrative procedures (i.e. compiling the study plan, enrolling for exams etc.) and to get acquainted with the university context (i.e. finding didactic and/or administrative information)
In order to request the service, students must fill in the tutorship form at the beginning of each semester, and send it to Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA within 15 days of the start of the courses they want to attend (courses and timetables are available on the website of their respective departments). If the form is only partially filled in or does not meet the deadline, the service cannot start.
If further explanations regarding the requests are needed, students will be called to Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA for a meeting, before starting the services.
Tutor selection and the waiting time for getting the service depend on the availability of students in the rankings.
The same type of service cannot be provided in the following academic years for the courses that have already been attended with a tutor, unless there are justified reasons
The University of Turin reserves the right to approve or reject the requests, depending on the available resources and their real benefits, proceeding with any necessary verification.
The continuity of the services is subject to passing the exams.
Before requesting the service, students must have already sent both the form and the SLD certificate to Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA, and must have already been to the first meeting for the evaluation of the needed support.