Didactic tutorship for disabled students
Didactic tutorship is a service provided by students who have been awarded a study grant; its aim is to facilitate the integration of disabled students in the academic context.
Within the limits of the disability and its consequent difficulties, this service offers support for the following activities:
- assistance in taking notes during classes (only for those who are not able to write autonomously and regularly attend classes/workshops/laboratories, or for those who cannot attend classes for health reasons) for a total amount of hours that Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA establishes before the start of the courses of each semester. In the case of some courses, this service can be substituted with the audio recording
- notes regarding didactic materials, if available at Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA
- study support before exams, only for students with certified cognitive and/or psychic deficits, for a total amount of hours previously agreed.
- reading texts aloud, only for students with visual impairments.
- finding didactic and/or administrative information, texts and other documents in libraries or Departments (within the limits of the disability and upon detailed agreement of Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA about modes and timing of providing the service.
- support for completing all the administrative procedures (i.e. compiling the study plan, enrolling for exams etc.) and to get acquainted with the university context (i. e. finding didactic and/or administrative information)
In order to request the service, students must fill in the tutorship form at the beginning of each semester, and send it to Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA within 15 days of the start of the courses they want to attend (courses and timetables are available on the website of their respective departments). If the form is only partially filled in or does not meet the deadline, the service cannot start.
If further explanations regarding the requests are needed, students will be called to Ufficio Studenti con Disabilità e DSA for a meeting, before starting the services.
Tutor selection and the waiting time for getting the service depend on the availability of students in the rankings.
The same type of service cannot be provided in the following academic years for the courses that have already been attended with a tutor, unless there are justified reasons
The University of Turin reserves the right to approve or reject the requests, depending on the available resources and their real benefits, proceeding with any necessary verification.
The continuity of the services is subject to passing the exams.