Back to UniTO: access to University venues
This page summarizes the indications for returning to University venues for study and work and for anyone that needs to access occasionally. The access rules depend on the role and reason for entering the University venues: it’s important to read and respect them to ensure prevention and protection from infection from SARS-CoV-2, following the principle "everyone protects everyone".
Access with QR Code
A QR Code is present in every access point to track all the accesses to University venues.
Students, professors, researchers, university staff, grant holders, research fellows, PhDs, external companies staff and anybody who access to venues must scan the QR Code with their smartphone, to let tracking their presence in the building, both when entering and exiting. University staff will continue in any case to clock in.
The QR Code scan can be done with the myunito+ app, that can be downloaded from the Apple and Google stores, by clicking on the "QR Code Reader" menu item.
Anyone without a smartphone will note the entries/exits in the paper register available at the entrance of each venue.
Based on the contact tracking needs provided by the Health Authority, the data collected will be kept for 15 days and then deleted.
In accordance with the Health Authority’s tracking needs after confirmed cases of COVID-19, all university students, teaching and administrative staff are strongly advised to equip themselves with the IMMUNI App and to open it and keep it active at all times when on university premises (Attachment 22 DPCM 7 September 2020).
Returning from abroad
People returning from abroad must consult the Piedmont Region page dedicated to information on Coronavirus - Return to Italy from abroad: operating instructions (in Italian).
If you are returning from a country for which specific indications are provided, follow the instructions provided strictly.
The University of Turin guarantees the whole academic offer online and lessons in presence in the a.y. 2020-2021, based on the guidelines of the single degree program.
In any case, safe study conditions are guaranteed, in full compliance with the anti-Covid measures.
Indications for carrying out teaching activities in presence in the a.y. 2020-2021 in UniTO are available below.
In UniTO it’s possible to carry out activities in presence for:
- Professors, UniTO staff, Phd students, research fellows
- grant holders
- External companies staff that works in UniTO’s venues
Returning to University venues - authorized by the Director of the Department / Center or Division involved - is however subjected to comply with the entry procedure needed to grant people safety and tracing required by the measures to contain the spread-out of contagion.
This procedure entails:
- fulfillment of the informative and training requirements
- filling-out a self-certification about your medical-health condition
The informative and training requirements to fulfill and the process to follow for improving the entry procedure are summarized below for each category.
- Grant holders can restart activities in presence in agreement with their research contact person, in any case after the fulfillment of the informative and training requirements and the filling-out a self-certification about medical-health condition
- COVID-19: Information and Guidance (access with SCU credentials) and self-certification at the end. Grant holders - if they hadn’t already done it - must activate the account “firstname.lastname@example.org” contacting the “RIF di Identità digitale” of the structure (Department, Division, Library, School, PhD School, etc.) through their research contact person. The list is available on the page Richiesta account - Personale non strutturato (in Italian - access with SCU credentials)
- Curricular traineeships may continue or be activated in presence, in agreement with each Degree Program, Department or School.
Students or tutors of the host venues who want to start a traineeship reach an agreement and contact the OTP office of their hub area (‘polo’). The agreed activities will be, in any case, previously evaluated by the academic tutor.
Activities can be carried out in presence in any case after the fulfillment of the informative and training requirements and the filling-out a self-certification about medical-health condition:
- COVID-19: information and guidance (in Italian - access with SCU credentials) and self-certification at the end.
- Entry process in non-hospital venues for staff of external companies that works in UniTO’s venues (in italian). The model letter signed by the Director of Division or Department with the indication of the commitments that the company must undertake and formalize towards the University, can be downloaded here
- In this case, the informative and training requirements are guaranteed to external workers directly by their company.